This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
Affirmations are powerful words which anyone can recite daily. Positive affirmations for kids are even better.
This will ensure that they start to learn self-confidence and empowerment from a young age.
Affirmations are powerful words which affirm, or strengthen those who recite them.
Related to: 40 Positive Affirmations: Self Empowerment
I recently began reciting positive affirmations myself and have noticed the tremendous impact it has had on my self-esteem, thoughts, and emotions.
Recently, I reflected on when my low self-esteem began, and it started in my childhood. My parents encouraged me but I rarely affirmed myself.
One day the thought of typing positive affirmations for my daughters to affirm themselves crossed my mind.
I recognise the power of positive thinking and positive self-talk in my own life, and thought a print-out would be useful for kids. They could stick them on their walls or carry them around with them if they wanted to.
If kids can have more tools in their arsenal of self-confidence, that’s a good thing right? Right!
Why Positive Affirmations for Kids?
Affirmations strengthen those who recite them and can boost self-esteem and confidence.
Some kids may not express themselves to others in the most positive way. We’ve heard all too often about kids who taunt others in the playground, and notoriously, on social media.
Even worse is negative self-talk that can escalate if not reversed and replaced with positive words of encouragement and empowerment.
As soon as kids learn to talk and are faced with challenges, such as being unable to get their toy to do what they want, for example, they often yell out “I can’t do it!”
All these factors can eventually have a negative impact on kids’ minds and their self-confidence from quite a young age.
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t, you are probably right” –
Science and affirmations
Scientific evidence informs us that when people self-affirm, central neural pathways responsible for positive, self-related information processing, are usually increased.
Another study showed that when we recite positive affirmations, we are better able to view negative information as more self-relevant and valuable.
We can learn from negative experiences.
Education and Affirmations
It’s no news that children face various challenges in school.
One study found that university students who self-affirmed increased their grades over three semesters. It is important to note that affirmation included verbal as well as written affirmations.
I often write my affirmations in my journal as well as recite them, and have noticed a boost in my self-confidence.
Your kids’ Happiness Means your Happiness
I don’t know about you, but when my children are happy and joyful, I’m happy and joyful.
Life surely can bring various challenges, which should be dealt with as they come. What’s key is how you deal with those challenges.
Generally speaking, when your children are joyful and empowered, you may also be joyful.
Consequently, this may positively influence your health and well-being.
Below are the positive affirmations for kids and teenagers.
60 Positive Affirmations for Kids and Teenagers
- I am confident
- I am extraordinary
- I am a leader
- I am powerful
- I am empowered
- I am destined for greatness
- I am beautiful inside and out
- I am harmonious
- I am joyful
- I am happy
- I am positive
- I radiate positivity
- I choose to think positively
- I am kind
- I am whole
- I am peaceful
- I attract loving and peaceful people into my life
- I attract the right people that will support my success
- I support my friends to do their best
- My friends support me to do my best
- I get on well with my peers
- I am patient
- I am smart
- I am intelligent
- I am wise
- I am blessed
- I am a blessing to others
- I am respectful
- I am polite
- I voice my opinions respectfully
- I am aware of my emotions and actions
- I choose my attitude
- My positive thoughts create positive feelings
- I am calm and relaxed
- My voice matters
- I learn from my experiences and make positive changes
- My challenges help me grow
- I am becoming the best version of myself
- I forgive myself for my mistakes
- I have self-control
- I have endurance
- I have understanding in my studies
- I am successful in whatever I study
- I am successful in whatever I put my mind to
- Whatever work I do is good and successful
- With the use of a few simple tools, I accomplish my academic goals
- I am healthy
- I am whole in my mind, body, and soul
- Every day, in every way, and in everything, I am getting better and better
- My dreams come from God and God has the power to accomplish them
- My dreams will be accomplished
- My creativity heals myself and others
- With the use of a few simple tools, my creativity is flourishing
- I create my future
- My good work today means I have good consequences in future
- My future is bright
- My present and future is filled with joy
- I am confident about my future
- All things work in my favour
- I am a beacon of light and my light shines brightly
I hope your children and young adults find these affirmations useful and empowering.
Please share this post if you find the affirmations useful.